YDI has received numerous awards and honors in recognition of our dedication and achievements as a youth services provider. Below is a partial list of our honors.
- The VIVA Award, 2005, for work against the drug abuse that infiltrates neighborhoods and threatens children's welfare.
- The Lewis Hine Award, NYC, 2004, for unheralded work to better the lives of America's youth
- The Leadership Award, 2003, Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families
- The Piñon Award of Excellence, 2001, Quality New Mexico, for YDI's integration of Total Quality Management Principles
- The Gold Commitment Award, 2001, National Head Start Association Academy
- The National Affiliate of the Year Award, 1996, National Council for La Raza (NCLR)
- The 1000 Points of Light Award, 1992, from President George H.W. Bush
- The Agency of the Year Award, 1991, United Way of Albuquerque
- The Presidential Award for Exemplary Performance, for services for high risk youth, Job Training and Partnership Act (JTPA)
- The Exemplary Youth Program Award, Carnegie Foundation
- The Excellence in Humanitarian Services Award, National Coalition of Hispanic Health and Human Services Organizations
- The National Exemplary Award for Outstanding Comprehensive Youth Services, National Coalition of Hispanic Health and Human Services Organizations
- The National Humanitarian Services Award for Work with Homeless and Runaway Youth, National Coalition of Hispanic Health and Human Services Organizations
- The National Exemplary Achievement Award, National Association of Counties
Youth Development Inc. Developing Lives