Registration is available at 518 1st St. NW, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm. You must register in person and show 2 forms of identification. Payment for the exam fee must be made when you register. The fee payment must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order. Please call 505-212-7429 for additional information.
Who can take the GED Test?
The GED Test can be administered to persons who have not graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma; and who are not currently enrolled in a regular high school; and who meet the state’s minimum age requirement. Youths ages 16 – 17 years old must complete the withdrawal process at their school district, and have complete the Underage Verification Form (from is available at our office).
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Present 2 forms of identification. One must be a current government issued photo ID.
- Payment required by Money Order or Cashier’s Check made payable to YDI in the amount of $50 for full Battery Test (non refundable).
- No Shows will be required to pay $50.00 (non refundable) fee for a reschedule.
- Retakes $15.00 per subject area test.
- GED candidates 16 or 17 years of age must also complete an Underage Verification Form
- Registration must be done in person.
If you have a disability, documented by a qualified professional, which requires special testing circumstances, please contact the YDI GED Chief Examiner at (505) 212-7427 to request special accommodations, which must be approved at the state or national level.