Prevention, Intervention & Treatment Division
PIT PDF BROCHURE
The Prevention, Intervention and Treatment Division (PIT) was formed in 2001 when the YDI Outreach Services were merged with the Residential/Health Division. The new division is comprised of 17 individual service components.
The primary focus of the PIT Division is to provide services for children, youth, adults and families to stay healthy, to teach them life skills and to have a safe living environment. Program activities are delivered in a variety of settings including school classrooms, community centers and churches, in the family home, group homes, on the streets and out in the community.
Services are available to both Medicaid and non-Medicaid clients.
Click here to fill out a referral form for YDI’s Behavioral Health Services. After you complete the form, you can either print and fax it to (505) 877-3533 or click on the "Submit" button at the top of the page to send the form directly to YDI.
FAMILY THERAPY PROJECT
JUVENILE COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS
- 81% did not re-offend.
- 73% showed improved behavior in home and community.
- 70% abstained from drug and alcohol use.
YDI MENTORING INITIATIVE
- Of 117 mentored youth served in 2009-2010 school year, absenteeism decreased by 71%.
- 675 youth demonstrated a reduction in school disciplinary action.
- 49% showed improvement in school grades.